The federal law called the Healthcare Quality Improvement Act of 1986 (HCQIA) is a “legal carve-out”. It removes your substantive or factual due process rights (“due process rights”) leaving the procedural due process rights or a “right” to a hearing before your same accusers. This was passed by Congress and is Federal Law for physicians. In general terms, an attorney cannot grant you rights that Congress has already removed. The Law gives immunity to the hospital, administrators, MEC, and physician leaders.
Regarding Courts, the Judge, being a lawyer, will side with the doctors who have Peer Reviewed you.
Thirty (30) days after suspension, the doctor is then “Data Banked” by the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB). An investigation by the State Licensing Board often follows.
We are very proud of the numbers of physician testimonials and endorsements, and heartfelt letters of gratitude. Please see the Testimonials page now. Yes, it’s excessively long but we have earned every one of them.
The FIRST thing to do when Sham Peer Reviewed, Summary Suspended or when you get a Letter from your State Medical Board:
Call Us IMMEDIATELY!!
THE CENTER FOR PEER REVIEW JUSTICE
Let us help you manage all of the things necessary for your successful defense.
For Questions You Should Ask and Know before responding to any disciplinary action – Click HERE
Have you been called “Disruptive” or have behavioral issues? Have you received a notice for a disciplinary “hearing”, summary suspension, disciplinary action, hospital privileges revoked, your medical license suspended, reports sent to the National Practitioner Data Bank?
We have almost 18 years of experience and strategies and working with attorneys to help get you back into your practice, occasionally at the same facility, and help restore your good name. Nothing is guaranteed – we do our best.
- Complimentary Second Opinions
- “Extra” Judicial or “Extra”- legal services. Necessary services that your lawyer does not offer The opposing side enjoys “immunity” and as such, it takes away any advantage the Peer Reviewed Doctor might have
- Experienced consulting in Sham Peer Review process and Bad Faith Peer Review
- Consulting Sham Peer Review defense
- 17 years of experienced advocacy
- Consulting Sham Peer Review Defense
- Legal Consultation by independent, Center lawyers
- Legal Referral Service; “The best lawyer is not the most expensive one.” Is your lawyer CPRJ Certified? Check with us for one in your area.
- Negotiation for your survival
- National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) “The Data Bank” Consultation
- Working to get you in your next position
- Re-entry back into medicine, surgery, the clinic, O.R.
- Other services – ask us!
We are available to lecture and have presentations on the following topics:
- Physician Peer Review Abuse (Sham Peer Review)
- State Medical Board Abuse
- National Practitioner Database Solutions
- Medical Office Compliance (Dr Willner is a Certified Medical Office Compliance Officer) follow link to find out why you need this resource
- A topic of your choice.
Dr. Richard Willner and Justice Antonin Scalia – may he R.I.P.
Justice Scalia, Dr.Richard B. Willner, Archbishop Gregory Michael Aymond
If you are being accused of providing substandard care, being a “disruptive physician” or any other claim that calls into question your ability to practice medicine safely, you could be facing consequences including the following:
- Loss of hospital privileges
- Loss of your license
- A listing in the National Practitioner Data Bank
- Administrative, regulatory or criminal penalties
- Federal health care programs exclusion
You need an experienced team with custom strategies to guide you through each stage of the process and stand up for your rights. The administrative hearings do not follow the same “due process” rule of law that are used in a courtroom. Are you and your legal team experienced in these frequently closed door meetings?